Did you know you can turn Sumi ink into fabric paint by adding a fabric medium?
This video below shows the process of transforming white fabric into a beautiful, one-of-a-kind design. The bold hand-painted fabric is washable and can be used in clothing, home decor, and crafts!
1. Wash, dry, and iron the fabric.
2. Cut a piece of adhesive Contact paper the size of the area you will be painting, and apply it to the back of the fabric to create a barrier, and smooth out the fabric.
3. Pour the Sumi ink in a dish, and add several drops of the GAC 900.
4. Paint directly onto the fabric with the Sumi ink, and let dry.
5. Mix the gold acrylic paint with the GAC900 until the consistency is thin enough for painting.
6. Make brush strokes over the dried Sumi ink, and let dry.
7. Heat set with an iron using parchment paper to protect the iron.
Watch the Video!
There are so many options and price points for watercolor supplies, and it can be overwhelming! So, here is a list of basic watercolor supplies (including links to purchase) that aren't expensive but will give you the best watercolor experience!
Art journaling is a safe place to practice making marks, explore imagery, and express thoughts and feelings. An art journal is an opportunity to let go of perfectionism and to play with color, line, and composition to record a memory or an emotion. An art journal is a companion where you get to choose its purpose.
When you create in your art journal, do it with an open mind and a sense of play. Go ahead and allow yourself to make not-so-great drawings, muddy colors, and wrinkly pages. Just enjoy the process. It's good for you!
Every Thursday at 1 pm MT we interview people about their passions! This Thursday, we will chat with our new garden club leader Marylee Pangman about her passion for gardening. Join us by heading on over to our Facebook page and get to know Marylee!
If you’re new to line dancing, then this is the class for you! We’ll do a short lesson of fun, easy beginning level line dances.
All are welcome to join us on the Element3 Facebook Page at 1 p.m. MT for this interactive episode of People and Their Passions:
The Arts and Crafts
Club offers you an opportunity to make new friends, expand your creative skills, and share your passion for creativity in a fun and supportive virtual environment.
Karen Elaine Parsons is an artist who loves to craft. Her years of experience as an author, designer, and instructor in the art and craft materials industry has allowed her to discover and share unique experiences in creativity.
looking for old posts?
Search Posts by Month
Search posts by topic