Did you know you can turn Sumi ink into fabric paint by adding a fabric medium?
This video below shows the process of transforming white fabric into a beautiful, one-of-a-kind design. The bold hand-painted fabric is washable and can be used in clothing, home decor, and crafts!
1. Wash, dry, and iron the fabric.
2. Cut a piece of adhesive Contact paper the size of the area you will be painting, and apply it to the back of the fabric to create a barrier, and smooth out the fabric.
3. Pour the Sumi ink in a dish, and add several drops of the GAC 900.
4. Paint directly onto the fabric with the Sumi ink, and let dry.
5. Mix the gold acrylic paint with the GAC900 until the consistency is thin enough for painting.
6. Make brush strokes over the dried Sumi ink, and let dry.
7. Heat set with an iron using parchment paper to protect the iron.
Watch the Video!
The Arts and Crafts
Club offers you an opportunity to make new friends, expand your creative skills, and share your passion for creativity in a fun and supportive virtual environment.
Karen Elaine Parsons is an artist who loves to craft. Her years of experience as an author, designer, and instructor in the art and craft materials industry has allowed her to discover and share unique experiences in creativity.
looking for old posts?
Search Posts by Month
Search posts by topic