I complied a list of my top 3 favorite brands of oil pastels and soft pastels. Pastels can get pretty pricey when shopping for artist grade materials, however there are plenty of student grade options that produce fabulous results for a fraction of the price. Do you have a favorite brand of oil pastel or soft pastel? Let me know in the comments!
1. Sakura Cray-Pas Expressionist Oil Pastels - set of 50/$24
2. Caran d'Ache Neopastels - set of 12/$30
3. Van Gogh Oil Pastels - set of 12/$19
1. Blick Studio Pastel Sets - set of 48/$17
2. Derwent Academy Soft Pastels - set of 24/$17
3. Faber-Castell Goldfaber Studio Soft Pastels - set of 72/$29
Whether you are a beginning or seasoned artist, the painting and drawing club offers you an opportunity to make new friends, expand your skills and share your passion for creating visual arts in a supportive virtual environment.
Jennifer is a visual arts teacher and artist that specializes in painting and drawing. She is passionate about teaching skills and techniques along with the process of how to make art so that her students feel empowered to make their own creative choices!
looking for old posts?
search posts by month
search posts by topic